Brooksville Elementary School
1527 Coastal Road
Brooksville, Maine 04617
Telephone: (207) 326-8500
Fax: (207) 326-9195
clepper [at] brooksvilleschool [dot] org
Cammie Lepper - Principal
Home of the Panthers!
|Home||News/Documents||Contact Teachers||Classroom Pages||School Board|
Our School's Vision:
Every child’s education matters. In Brooksville, learning is personalized and incorporates the resources of the entire community with a hands-on, project-based approach focused on academic excellence. Students develop solid work habits and are responsible, respectful, confident, and engaged life-long learners with high aspirations. They are well prepared for life as kind, thoughtful, and resilient global citizens.
Our school has:
· We provide a customized education tailored to each child’s different learning styles and needs.
· We set high standards for individualized learning.
· We give extra support, as needed, to help each child reach their highest potential.
· Our curriculum is dynamically evolving through educational research and professional development.
· All members of the school community treat each other respectfully, in a positive, kind manner.
· We foster trust among all members of the school community.
· Our students are excited, active participants in learning.
· We are energetic and spirited; our school is abuzz with activity.
· Our staff fosters an active, engaging environment.
· We have strong, visionary leadership.
· Parents and staff work collaboratively to meet each child’s specific needs.
· Our staff are passionate, engaged and cooperative with pupils, parents, and peers.
· Our staff demonstrates flexibility and teamwork, putting student needs first.
· Our staff members are life-long learners who strive for excellence.
· Staff receives ongoing, constructive support from leadership, parents, school board, and community.
· We encourage open communication that builds confidence, trust, and viable partnerships.
· Our town is a rich, vibrant, close-knit community invested in supporting learning.
· Our school utilizes the natural and human resources in our community as part of our children’s education.
· Our staff and school board solicit feedback, actively listen and take action when appropriate.
· Our Superintendent, School Board and Principal communicate regularly and effectively with staff and community resulting in strong, open, respectful communication with everyone.
We envision our rural school as a model for academic excellence and a stimulating education, demonstrating how a small school can thrive by harnessing its inherent advantages. Our students are inspired by our community-based, vibrant, caring, individualized education, developing an enthusiasm for life-long learning. Students graduate with a solid foundation, well prepared for success in the future.